Info

Should anyone wish to publish any of my stories, my contact email is on the blog page.

Friday 24 August 2012

Dominated by DNA Part 17


“I presume that this concerns what has happened to Sara.” Chloé said. “In which case, discussing this matter in the doorway would be unadvisable. Please enter and go directly to the living room. It will be safe as I cannot smell anything from there now.” Anne walked in through the door followed by Angela, and Chloé then closed the door.

The three ladies then entered the living room, Anne first, Angela second and Chloé last. “Would you like to use the armchair, Agent Duncombe?” Chloé asked.

“Yes thank you, and please call me Anne. Agent Duncombe becomes too much of a mouthful over time.” Anne sat down in the chair facing the couch.

“Angela, if you would sit on the left side of the couch.” Angela did as Chloé requested and Chloé sat on the right. “I am forgetting my manners, Anne. Would you and Angela like something to drink?”

“That’s very kind of you Chloé, but Angela and I had a coffee before we came.” Anne answered. “Now to get to business. I hate to sound dramatic, but everything that is said in here must remain secret. Chloé, could you tell me everything that you know concerning Sara’s situation?”

Chloé told Anne everything that she knew, about what had happened this week. She covered what James had told her, and her own personal theory about the spider DNA. Then she talked about rescuing Sara from her next door neighbour, Janet. Finally, Anne was told about tonight’s reaction.

“Thank you Chloé, this all seems to fit.” Anne said. “The problem seems to be much bigger than I first thought.”

“Problem? Anne, what is happening? You make it sound as is something very ominous is at the centre of all of this.” Chloé asked.

“It seems that something is rotten at the core of GEN-DAWN. It may only be a single person though. Chloé, there have been rumours circulating about a new chemical being developed at the research centre. It has varied from being a designer narcotic, a new type of sex drug, or even a destructive biological weapon. When Angela discovered about the failed test, we felt it might be the second. This would just be a minor transgression and not worth prosecuting. Sara’s condition suggests that the third option may be true.”

“You cannot be suggesting that Sara is a type of weapon. That is impossible.” Chloé said, looking at Anne in surprise.

“My superiors are of a similar position. They do not believe the stories they have been told when people have acted insanely. They think that the tales have been hyped up, and there is no chance of such behaviour.” Anne thought for a second. “When we went to the living room, you wanted to make sure that we were safe, correct?”

“Oui, Anne. I have seen the actions of Janet under Sara’s ‘glamour’ and I was lucky in stopping her.” Chloé answered.

Anne took her smartphone out of her bag. “It that case, we have an opportunity in gathering video evidence of the pheromone effect, which I can send to my superiors and convince them of the risk. This is a custom device, which higher sound quality and resolution than any normal phone. Angela, I want you to record my actions as I am ‘charmed’ by Sara. I’m sure that I will be able to resist the worst of the effect, and maintain control.” Anne stood up and gave the device to Angela before sitting back down.

“Anne, may I ask you a serious question?” Chloé asked. “It isn’t a security matter.”

“Unless I have to compromise anything, I’ll answer you. Ask away, Chloé.” Anne answered.

Chloé took a deep breath “If you wanted to kill us, how long would it take you?”

Angela went visibly pale and Anne looked shocked. “That is a serious question, Chloé.” Anne thought for a second. “To be honest, about two seconds. That is armed or unarmed, considering your abilities. I’m sorry Chloé, but there was no nice way to answer you.”

“In which case, once you are affected our life spans will last two seconds after that.” Chloé said. “Believe me when I say that you will not be yourself, and that you will consider us a threat.”

Anne noted the look on Chloé’s face. “You really do mean it, Chloé. It is hard to believe what you tell me, though. It’s almost like you’re claiming that Sara is some kind of siren who lures sailors to their deaths!”

Siren. I know that from somewhere, I remember reading it as a child! Then Chloé remembered and the idea formed in her head a moment later.

“Fichtre! Odysseus! That is it!” Chloé shouted.

“Odysseus? I know Fichtre, but is Odysseus a new French swear word?” Anne asked.

“No, Anne. Odysseus is the name of an ancient Greek hero who was beset by many troubles during his return from the Trojan wars and finally returned to his wife, Penelope.”

“Now I know what you’re talking about. The book that I once read called him Ulysses. I do remember reading about sirens in it, although I can’t remember what happened.” Anne’s forehead furrowed as she tried to remember.

“I shall explain, Anne. The sailors were warned by Circe about the singing of the sirens, and to stuff their ears with wax. Odysseus wanted to hear the sirens’ singing, so before they approached the danger, the sailors filled their ears with wax and Odysseus was tied to the mast so that he could not get free. He tried to escape once he heard the singing, but it was impossible.”

Chloé waited for Anne to become aware of the enormity of what she was saying. Anne looked puzzled for a few seconds before it was replaced by surprise. “Chloé, you can’t mean that!”

“I do mean it Anne. The only safe way to hear the song of the siren is to be securely bound.” Chloé replied. “There is no other way if you want this data.”

Anne thought for a few seconds. “I need to make a phone call. Angela, may I have my phone back?” Angela returned Anne’s phone. Anne brought up a number and made the call. “Excuse me is ‘Mr Smith’ there. Hello, it’s Agent Duncombe here. I have an opportunity to obtain first hand evidence of the effect of the ‘item’ with myself as the ‘guinea pig’, but there is a problem. As I have been informed that I will be a lethal risk to those around me, I will have to be securely restrained. Yes Sir, I trust them and if I am right it will be worth the risk. Thank you Sir. This information will be invaluable. Goodbye and sorry for troubling you, Sir.” Anne disconnected the call and handed the phone to Angela.

Anne then stood up, took off her shoulder bag and put it on the floor by the chair. “Please do not go in it. I know how to open it properly, but you do not.”

Chloé looked at the bag. “I presume that the results would be ‘unpleasant’ to say the least.”

“Yes, Chloé. Now, how would you like me to be positioned while you tie me up?” Anne asked.

Chloé stood up. “On the right side of the couch on the edge, with your back to the left side please, Anne.”

Anne did as Chloé asked. “Now, cross your wrists with your right hand over your left.” Anne placed her hands in the way that Chloé asked. Anne took a length of rope and wrapped it horizontally and vertically around Anne’s wrists before cinching the bonds and knotting the rope firmly. A length of rope was wrapped around Anne’s wrists and her back, tying her hands to the small of her back. A long piece was used to tie Anne’s arms to her chest, above and below her breasts, before being cinched between the arms and the body.

Chloé took two more pieces out of the bag. First Anne’s ankles were bound together, and then her legs were tied below the knee. “That will be sufficient for you, Anne. Wait, just one last thing.” Chloé reached into the bag and brought out a roll of white microfoam tape.

“I don’t think that I need to be gagged Chloé, after all, I need to be able to speak about my feelings.”

“I am not going to gag you, Anne. Please make your hands into a fist, please.” Anne did so and Chloé wrapped her hands up using the tape.

“You really are serious about this Chloé, there is no chance of me being able to escape. Angela, press the camera icon on the front and then press the red button.”

Angela fumbled with the camera and then there was a beep. “Action.” Angela said, holding up the camera.

Anne took a deep breath. “I am Agent Duncombe, and we are about to test the effects of ‘Parlour’ on a living adult, namely myself. I have been securely bound, so that I am no threat to the others. Chloé will help move me to the area of ‘contamination’ and Angela will record its effects on me. Chloé, if you would be so good as to help me up and out of the room.” Chloé gently took hold of Anne and helped her to her feet and supported her as she shuffled slowly out of the living room.

“I am feeling a little trepidation as I approach the bedroom. I don’t know how close I will have to be before I am ‘drugged’ by the pheromones. Chloé, Angela, be warned. If what Chloé says is true, I will try to intimidate you by whatever means necessary. Whatever happens, do not free me.” Anne shuffled ever closer to the bedroom, with a look of worry on her face.

“I think that you will enter the area in a few more feet.” Chloé took a few steps ahead and smelt the air. It was like breathing in a strong scent. “I will take you to here Anne, this will be close enough.” Chloé helped Anne get to the spot quickly.

“Why, it smells like... sorry Chloé, I feel absolutely nothing. You can untie me now.” Anne said. Could I be wrong? Is Anne immune, or the pheromone weakening? Then Chloé caught a movement out of the side of her eye and looked behind Anne’s back.

Anne’s hands were writhing frantically in an effort to get free!

“You do not need to be freed here, Anne. I will take you back to the living room first.” Chloé said. I must be sure of this, if I offer to free her back in the living room, Anne would be satisfied with that.

“There’s no need to waste any more time on this, Chloé. Just free me here, I am perfectly okay.” Anne replied.

“It would be easier if I untied you in the living room, Anne.” Chloé took hold of Anne’s arms. “I will take you back now.”

“I don’t want to be untied there. I want to be untied here! Now you follow my orders little girl, or you will be in big trouble!” Anne started to shout at Chloé.

This just confirms it. Oh Anne, I am so sorry for you. “We are following your orders, not to free you.” Chloé explained.

“I’m giving you new orders! Can’t you get that through your head, you STUPID FRENCH TART! If you do not untie me right now, I will have you shot for TREASON! I know what your game is, you whore! You want Sara all too yourself! I’m the one who should mate with her, not some piece of scum like you!”

You really are not yourself, are you? I know that you do not mean those insults, but you may have problems forgiving yourself. “You are not being untied here, Anne.”

“Listen, you slut! If you do not untie me right now, I will have all of your friends slowly TORTURED TO DEATH!” Anne seemed like she was going to froth at the mouth.

“Angela, Anne is clearly unresponsive to rational thought. Please note that the target subject is under the complete control of the pheromone. Anne, calm down or I will have to scare you into submission.”

“You don’t scare me, little girl. When I get free, I will enjoy doing things to you that only exist in your WILDEST NIGHTMARES!” Anne screamed at Chloé, her face twisted into an expression of pure rage.

“I am so sorry for what I am about to do. Angela, make sure that this part is recorded. I need you to concentrate on Anne’s face.” Angela held the phone closer. “Now listen, Anne! If you do not behave, I will drag you into the bedroom and put you on the bed with you still bound! I will free Sara, and watch as she rips your heart from your chest and the last thing that you will see is your still-beating heart being devoured in front of you!”

In an instant, Anne’s face from fury to one of utter fear! “Please don’t Chloé! Don’t feed me to her! I’ll do whatever you want, you can have anything you want! Just please don’t let her eat me!” Anne started to sob in fear.

“Okay, Anne. We are going back into the living room. You are to offer no resistance. If you do, Sara is going to have a nice supper.” Anne nodded in agreement, with fear still in her eyes. Chloé took hold of Anne and they slowly moved into the living room. “As you can see, the subject is consumed with an unreasoning fear when faced with the threat of being eaten.

Soon Anne was back in the living room and Chloé sat her on the couch. “Angela, open the windows and switch the fan on. Make sure that it points at Anne, so that the pheromones are blown off her body. Now we have to wait until Anne is back to normal.”

After about five minutes, Anne’s face changed from fear to sorrow. “Oh Chloé! I’m so sorry for what I said to you! You must hate me right now!”

“I think that Anne is back to normal Chloé, perhaps we should untie her.” Angela said.

“Don’t Angela. You don’t know that I’m safe! I don’t know that I’m safe! I could be lying to myself in order to deceive you.” Anne replied.

“Anne, that self-doubt proves that you are okay. I will untie you as you seem to be like Janet was when the effect wore off on her.” Chloé untied Anne’s legs, then her body ropes, and finally removed the rope and tape from her hands.

Chloé waited a few seconds. “We are still alive, so that proves you are back to normal, Anne.”

“Chloé, I hope that you can forgive me for all of the awful things that I said to you. I would understand if you never want to speak to me again.”

“Anne, there is nothing to forgive. You were not under your own control. Now, shouldn’t you be sending that video to someone?”

“Yes, Chloé. Could you hand me the phone please, Angela.” Angela gave the phone to Anne. “Thank you. I hope I never have to go through that again.” She went through the buttons and sent the recorded video. “It won’t take long, this phone has certain priorities. There, it’s already sent. We may have to wait a little while for the response, so could I have a glass of water, Chloé?” Chloé went into the kitchen, filled up three glasses with water, carried them back into the living room and gave Anne and Angela a glass each.

“That’s a horrible weapon, Chloé.” Anne said with a very worried look on her face. Weapon? How could this be a weapon?

“Pardon me Anne, but how could Sara be a weapon?” Chloé asked.

“It’s not Sara that’s the weapon, it’s the virus that’s infected her. If I get permission, I’ll bring you in on this completely.” Anne explained. A minute later, Anne’s phone rang. “Hello? Yes Sir, It was a horrible experience. I am convinced that had I not been securely bound, I would have killed Chloé and Angela. I agree, Sir, unfortunately my worst theory is the right one. Had Sara not been infected, we would have known nothing about it until the first terrorist attack, and even after that we would not have know what to do. At least we have some idea what we are up against. Yes Sir, Chloé has been extremely helpful and has shown that she can be trusted. I think that she needs to be fully informed, as she and Angela are immune because of their age. You can be sure that she will be briefed on the mission after this call. Thank you for trusting my judgement Sir, goodbye for now.” Anne put her phone back down.

“Chloé, I underestimated the situation when I said great importance. It is now of the gravest importance, and I need you to work with me...”

No comments:

Post a Comment